Thursday, September 27, 2012



Tiger LilyTiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Life is all about perspective. You can see the world is so many different ways depending on who's lens from which you view. Such is the tale of Tiger Lily. This small YA book caught me by such a surprise. All the same players are there - Pan, Smee, Hook, and of course Tink and Tiger Lily. However, everyone is re-created into this new story woven for us by the ever misunderstood Tinker Bell, from a slice of Neverland never heard before.

I had no idea I would grow to love and ache the character of Tiger Lily as much as I did. I want to personally thank Tinker Bell (and the fabulous Jodi Lynn Anderson) for giving her the opportunity to share her tale of woe. This fierce un-aging native Neverland tomboy, unveiled a story of Neverland's Sky-Eater tribe and with a slew of interesting new characters. Not only is this about Tiger Lily, but this is a tale of Tinker Bell as well. Her vanity and shallowness are disproven as she shows be the most faithful, loyal and loving being in Tiger Lily's existence. This sly little pixie, *gasp* is not Peter's side-kick at all, but Tiger Lily's!

For any lover of the tales of Neverland, I suggest you give this one a go. It may be that Mr. Barry had it all wrong from the start, or quite possibly the wrong side of the story.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. Tiger Lily was actually always my favorite character in the cartoon version, but I think it was the name that sold me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept hearing the Disney Wendy Darling's voice saying "Tigah Lily" the whole time I was reading it :) It is excellent and the library has it, so you must check it out.

      Delete