Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jellicoe Road
By Melina Marchetta



My first foray into the world created by Australian author Melina Marchetta did not disappoint.  This story sneaks up on you and then when it has your attention snakes a vice grip on your emotions and won't let up until you have all your questions answered.  

In Jellicoe Road, we are thrown into a rural Australian town, where three factions of kids rival for territories and our reluctant leader Taylor Markham ask all the right questions.  Throughout her voyage of self-discovery she finds her true family in the most likely of places.  It has been a while since a book has brought me to tears, but this little one did.  

I concur all around on the praise of this special little book.   And, may I say that this little library binding is such a quaintly perfect size and fits ever so nicely in my hands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment