Thursday, November 22, 2012

Be afraid Mr. Turkey, we come for you.

November 22, 2012,

Such an unexpectedly beautiful day in the Willamette Valley.  After days of intense rain and sunshine, we enjoy a day to be outside and exercise before the feast (at least the men in my family do).
Every year, we head down South to Salem and enjoy a family game of Futbol at Willamette.  This Turkey Bowl year the teams family versus friends was amicably ended in a tie.






After our game in Salem, our day took us further South to the Mackenzie River in Eugene to my aunt and uncle's spectacular new home, for a feast with family that has been far to long to enjoy.  





After dinner, my spitfire gramma said to my cousin that the one unclaimed plate was really where my departed grandpa sat.  I caught eyes with my lovely cousin across the table and felt that pull of something.  Whether it be my grandfather, or someone else in our pretense, we are thankful.  Thankful for our happiness, health and love for each other.  




I am thankful for so many things in my life, but for those immediate few that weren't able to hear it from my lips today, I miss you and am thankful for you too.  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Molly. Wonderfully put. I am very thankful for you, your great husband and the beautiful grandson you have blessed this family with.

    ReplyDelete