Saturday, November 24, 2012

Stormdancer (The Lotus War #1), Jay Kristoff


Lately I've felt apprehension when reading the first book in the series, especially when I know it will be epic and ages before the next one comes out.  Such a trial, I know, yet it happens more and more lately.  Kristoff has created a immensely polluted steam-punk world of Japanese beauty, samurai warriors and one soulfully fierce girl who tries to save it all.   Stormdancer did not disappoint in the least.

I can admit googling quite a few words towards the beginning and found most of them owning to a Japanese blade of some sort.  Which only foreshadows gruesome fight-scenes that I have grown to expect from the many video games played in my time.  I had a slightly weary time in the first part of this new world of Shima, but once our heroine found her footing, the pace and plot were quite enjoyable.

The dialogue between our heroine, Yukiko and Buruu, the thunder-tiger was hilarious and I cannot wait to read what they have in store for us next.

I kept having this random thought that I would love to see Buruu and Iorek Bryninson meet.

I can't imagine what they would talk about. Or what Lyra would have to say to Yukiko, but I bet it would be mind blowing...and bloody.

So now, I guess I'll just wait until...Gods save us...there isn't a release date yet? This is exactly what I mean...

No comments:

Post a Comment