Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Necromancing the Stone has no Joan Wilder in it.

Necromancing the Stone
by Lish McBride
IMG_2280-1











Throughout the entire time I enjoyed this book, I kept thinking -
"There should be more books with gnomes."



I'll be blunt. This book was incredibly random, funny as all get-out and I loved every minute of it.  I chortled so often, my husband made a comment that it couldn't really be that funny.  But it was! One moment this book takes us to an attractive sasquatch UPS deliveryman, soliciting the help of our reluctant necromancer to a Canadian minotaur taking bets on a home-front gnome wrestling match.  I've always been partial to dry-whit but this, Ms. McBride, just raised the bar another level.

All randomness aside, what I enjoyed the most was our protagonist's friends development. In Hold Me Closer Necromancer, we are introduced to Ramon, Frank and Brooke; slacker fast food employees extraodinaire.  Ramon is quite possibly the root cause of my public outbursts of laughter; but the situations in which Frank finds himself in are priceless. Both Ramon and Frank find themselves at the mercy of their new paranormal lives, however, both thrive and are able to support our awkward necromancer Sam find his way.

 I eagerly await the next installment, and of course, more tall tales of how a gnome can earn his cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment