Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Kresley Cole's First Stab at YA


Kresley Cole
Poison Princess

3.5 Stars.  Oh Kresley - I truly wanted to give you five on it, but I have to say I eeked out that ½ star because I love you.  The beginning and the end were what saved you.  The middle, I just found lacking and a bit sluggish. This book seems to be quite polarizing on the star votes on Goodreads, but I felt overall it was enjoyable and a nice new paranormal spin on the end of days!

I have seriously read everything Kresley Cole has written.  As a big fan of YA, I thought to myself - Kresley - check, Apocalypse - check, Tarot themed story - Why the heck not?  With the unique Arcania plot, it is all there, but I just felt the middle dragged a bit.  For the characters, Jackson was pretty awesome.  I loved Jackson with his swaggery cajuness.  Is that a word?  As one of the last few women on earth, who wouldn't want some roguish, handsome swamp boy to save your day?  Mais Yea, I’d say toute les femmes! (view spoiler)[But Evie! Put your big girl pants on and go evil empress already!! (hide spoiler)]

I will definitely be checking out the next installment, which I’m sure I’ll have to wait an entire year or more for, but hopefully by then Empress Evie will rock the poison and snag her Cajun!  But hopefully, she does that in the reverse order.




No comments:

Post a Comment