Saturday, October 12, 2013

30-Day Book Challenge

Admittedly a wee bit late to the party being that it is the 11th of the month, but I think I can catch up within a post or two!!

Day One - Best book I read in 2012:

Easy. Hands down, easy.  Mira Grant or whatever you call yourself, you are one beautifully paranoid viral master.  Never has the zombie paranoia reached such a plateau.  

Day Two - Book read more than three times:
The River Why, David James Duncan

This book was a family favorite, and first read to me in my tweens by my mother, snippets at a time. This is a story of a young man, desperate for silence in a quickly developing world, his hilariously dysfunctional family and how he found peace with his fishing rod on a Oregon coastal range river.  It is a book I have purchased, loaned out and purchased again.  

Day Three - My Favorite Series:
Harry Potter


Not only do I truly love the mastery of JK Rowling's HP, but I the worlds best narrator Jim Dale created the most enjoyable audio listening experience, ever.  Any of one books three through seven could have counted for a book I have read more than three times as well.  

Day Four - Favorite Book in Favorite Series
Harry Pottery and the Deathly Hallows

I really and truly went into a book depression after finishing this series.  Deathly Hallows was an insanely wondrous completion of a series that affected me on many levels.  I'm still not quite over it and I uphold it as ultimate culmination of character development, story and world building. 



No comments:

Post a Comment