Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Days 20 - 22 on 30 day Book Challenge


Day 20 - Favorite Romance Book

Voyager (Outlander Book 3), Diana Gabaldon




I am and have been for many years on the bandwagon of Claire and Jamie Fraser.  This is my personal favorite of the series because we have two individuals who have been separated by time and years, but still find there way back to each other.  In their maturity, they have found themselves individually, but they are undeniably each other's soul mate.  Add in adventure, pirates and history and Gabaldon hooks her readers even deeper.  

Day 21 - First Novel I Remember Reading

The Mouse and the Motorcycle, Beverly Cleary


In the second grade, Mr. Moore lead us through the fabulous story of Ralph and his motorcycle.  I believe there were other vehicles to follow.  After we finished the story our class had a big party, watched some low budget movie with various sodas mixed together, which we called a graveyard, to celebrate the momentous occasion.  



Day 22 - A Book that Makes Me Cry

The Subtle Knife, Philip Pullman


Years ago, my husband and I were hanging out on the couch.  He was watching TV, while I was intensely engrossed in the second novel of His Dark Materials.  Lyra B has met up with her new friend Will, and along with Pan's help they are trying to save the universe.  Never have I felt such wretched sadness, until this novel.  My husband actually was concerned over my tears and sobbing,  while helplessly trying to help.  No way will I spoil why I was crying, but if anyone has read this novel, it will be blatantly obvious.  If not, it may be a good push to pick up one of the best fantasy trilogies of our times.  Tears are optional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment