Friday, October 25, 2013

Book Challenge Day 25 – A Character I Relate to the Most


Day 25 – A Character I Relate to the Most

Anne Shirley, Created by Lucy Maud Montgomery


When I was about twelve or thirteen, I discovered a young orphan girl named Anne Shirley. I knew I was a so called “kindred spirit" or a wee bit obsessed if you ask my mother. I gobbled up her books with a singled-minded fervor. I even told my parents one day that I loved the smell of them. They blindfolded me and put it to the test to see which books I could correctly identify. I picked out every single one correctly.

I could go on and on about why I love the books, but that doesn’t really explain why I closely identify with Ms. Anne, spelt with an e. I am not an orphan, red-headed or from Canada. I do however have a swift temper, with which to be reckoned.



I am stubborn to a fault and tend to make rash decisions.

And I so love to lose myself with nature and enjoy its beauty. During the time I was reading these stories, we had recently moved out to a rural area of my home town, and I used to sit outside and try and name the trees and even found a name for my home, Maple Grove. I was secretly jealous of Anne’s best friend, Diana Barry, but I admired her loyalty. I know that if I were to have a chance to meet one of my literary book friends, it would most assuredly be Anne Shirley.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I can definitely relate to her romance with Gilbert as well. He was most undoubtably my first book-crush.

      Delete